- Install SplashID in Vista (desktop) and XP (laptop);
- In desktop: copy SplashID database and backup folders into an archive and delete them;
- In laptop: point SplashID database and backup folders to the remote desktop locations, close SplashID ;
- In desktop: extract the archive created in step 2;
- In laptop: set remote desktop SplashID database file to be available offline;
- In laptop: open SplashID as normal.
Note: if you leave SplashID opened in the desktop and modify the database in the laptop, a synchronization warning will appear asking you which version to preserve in both computers.