Megafont + Windows XP HowTo
This tutorial was originally published at my web site back in September 2005. In a not to distant future I plan to try to set up Megafont and Cakewalk Sonar in a Windows Vista PC, so stay tuned!
* Windows XP
* Megafont 1.22 and 1.24 from http://www.geocities.com/lstnght2000/
* Cakewalk Pro Audio 9
* LoopBe1 from http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html
Install LoopBe1 and Cakewalk as usual.
1. Unzip Megafont 1.22 into a new directory named megafont1.22 and move that directory into Program files directory.
2. Change the properties of files MF_TOOLS.EXE and MEGAFONT.EXE to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode.
3. Create a shortcut for MEGAFONT.EXE in your desktop.
1. Unzip Megafont 1.24 into a new directory.
2. Change the properties of SETUP.EXE to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode.
3. run setup.exe then rename the directory "megafont" in Program files as "megafont1.24".
4. Change the properties of MF_TOOLS.EXE to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode.
Go to Preferences and set
* MIDI Input: LoopBe Internal MIDI
* MIDI Output: SB Live! MIDI Port [E800]
* Sound Font device: SB Live! Synth A [E800]
* override audiohq cache limit
* disable soundfont device interface
Export mapping setting for Cakewalk.
NOTE: you can check a mapping consistency only with Megafont 1.24, just remember the preview feature is not functional in that version and causes MF_TOOLS.EXE to stop responding.
Go to Options > MIDI devices and set
* input as SB Live! MIDI Port [E800]
* output as LoopBe Internal MIDI
Configure your "instruments" setting for channels to use Megafont mapping.
1. run LoopBe
2. run MEGAFONT.EXE
3. run Cakewalk